Tuesday, April 30, 2013

MUD.

Hey, so guess what??
It's a FREAKING MILLION DEGREES OVER HERE ALREADY!!!
...and I hate it.
I mean, I love it, but I hate it...you know?
I'm really glad when the weather warms up--the flowers are blossoming, the desert is green, I can go outside and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin...
...and then all that ends in about a week, the weather shoots up 20 degrees in an instant, everything dies, boils, or burns and we have to survive through the next 5 months of insane heat.

Well, the week that we experienced a normal summer (our "spring"), it was a balmy 90 degrees and I went and visited a friend's home. I got the grand tour of her beautiful house (which is AMAZING) and then we let the kids go out and play in the sprinklers...

...and as you can see, the backyard mostly dirt right now, but she's in the process of trying to grow grass...
...and obviously, the sprinkler plus the dirt plot equals mud.
Mud HEAVEN, that is.
...the kids didn't mind, of course--what child doesn't dream of becoming a mud-pie?
(well, if your's doesn't, Wyatt sure does. And Adria too. They were quite a pair.)

I suppose Logan wasn't very interested. After testing out the water and realizing he didn't like the feel of mushy mud between his toes, he was a bit confused and preferred to watch from the sidelines, warming his body on mine and soaking my pants.

Wyatt, on the other hand, was on-board instantaneously.


And now, for your viewing pleasure, I present to you,

Adria and Wyatt: 
Synchronized Frolicking in the MUD




Yes, they had quite a time jumping and splashing in the mud together...

...and Logan said, "I'm outta here."

Silly cuties.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

haha i'm half with logan and half with wyatt! i have a love hate relationship with mud. :) how fun!!!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I'm so glad you took pictures. I brought my camera and never even got it out. Sad.

They were so covered. It was nuts. Cute kids.