Friday, April 12, 2013

too legit to quit


I try not to talk about work very often, mostly because it just reminds me that I can't be a stay-at-home mom....but also because I don't really like what I do.
HOWEVER...
...I can honestly say that I LOVE the people I work with. I love my team, and the friendships I've made...my work environment, although not always stress-free, is pretty incredible, and I am so grateful to have this job.
Our team is very unique in that we are one of (if not the most) top performing teams in our department...AND...we all get along completely. We're also the only team with ALL women, haha! 
It's amazing how much I care for each of my teammates, and how they care for me just the same.
But just as the saying says, All good things must come to an end, so is it with our team.
Our lead, who works the night shift, the same as us (obviously) was next in line for the next day-shift opening...and it just happened. She's leaving us...and a few of my fellow teammates with her. 
To say I was devastated would be an understatement.
Change is always hard, but much harder when it involves losing a friend....
...I'll get over it of course...
...but I'm really going to miss them.

No comments: