Friday, January 25, 2013

cake-face

Logan's birthday party was very impromptu.
Originally we were going to celebrate with the extended families on our assigned Sunday dinner nights...but then that fell through (because I forgot).
Then, the morning of his birthday, I texted the family and told them to come over that night for cake and to watch Logan stuff his face...
...we had a very full house that evening, but it was a lot of fun. Simple, but worthwhile.




...and I know these pictures will seem a bit repetitive, but I couldn't help myself! I tried to narrow my list down, and this was the best I could do, haha!








ALSO, Logan had a doctor's appointment on his birthday where he got FOUR shots AND his blood drawn. It was traumatic.
BUT, to my complete shock, he did not have any after-affects...which is weird because he usually feels under the weather for the rest of the day and the next...
His 12 months stats:
Weight: 20.6lbs (27th%)
Height: 29 3/4in (50%)

Logan's Resume:
  • He's got 6 teeth, with no more in sight. I keep wondering where those other bottom two are at??
  • He shakes his head no, but not because he means no...but just because it's fun.
  • He LOVES to mimic sounds/noises/actions that we do.
  • He points to EVERYTHING and asks "Whatisit?" or "Whatisthat?"
  • He LOVES watching movies. (I remember Wyatt couldn't sit still for two seconds, let alone watch most of a movie!!) His favorites include Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and Despicable Me.
  • Food is still his favorite thing, after Mommy, Daddy, and Wyatt of course. Though, we've recently discovered that he does NOT like peas.
  • He still sucks his tongue to soothe himself.
  • We're working on body parts (not sure how much is being understood) but he definitely knows "bellybutton." It's really funny to him.
  • He has taken a few steps, but only 1 or 2 at a time. He would much rather crawl, and is no where near being interested in seriously walking (even though his younger cousin is already doing it...)
  • He has started making baby sounds when he's trying to be sweet or tender...think awww's and ohhh's in a higher-pitched voice...he did it to a baby (not that much younger than him) and to me when I was sleeping, haha! 
He's pretty much the cutest one-year-old ever.


1 comment:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I love that he just sat there with his face in the cake like he was drinking it. So funny.

What a cute guy.

Also, he doesn't weigh that much less than Valette and she has a whole year on him. These kids always surprise us.