Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Give it a try.

I don't know if you remember...
But I remember when my mom used to dress me up in leggings paired with an over-sized sweatshirt.

And I hated it. Like, truly.

So a few years ago when I saw leggings coming back into style I thought the fashion industry had LOST ITS MIND. I mean, REALLY??? Who wants to accent a wide rear and skinny legs?? NOT ME.

(That's not to say that I haven't seen people pull off the look. I'm just not one of them.)

Naturally, I avoided them like the plague.

...or not.
My dang SIL, Shannon, made me try on a pair one night we had hung out--she practically forced me into the dressing room ;)
I was convinced I was going to hate them because I'm one of those people who have bigger hips and skinny chicken legs, which, when accented, is not pleasant...or so I thought.
Yeah, well, obviously I didn't think they were that bad because I actually went back another night by myself and bought them. (These are actually JEGGINGS, which, for those of you who don't know, like I didn't, it's JEAN LEGGINGS.)

MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't judge a book by it's cover...or well, not until you try it on first ;)

4 comments:

Jen Western said...

So cute on you! I too have never worn them because I think they are silly, and because Sam would make fun of me. That and hats (except bball ones) and scarfs. I really do like them though :). Are they cotton material or skinny jeans? I fully intend on wearing leggings all summer with my dresses (which will become too short, hence the leggings). Perfect for pregnancy! I already told Sam ahead of time to shut it! Maybe that will open the door for me being able to wear them without him making fun of me.

Shannon said...

haha cute!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I thought you looked great in them yesterday. And they really do look like jeans.

Anonymous said...

...and for the record, when you were young, you did NOT hate them - or you wouldn't have worn them. Only when you got older, you were tired of them and they were no longer the style, that you hated them and would no longer wear them.
...just for the record!

Love you, Mom