Saturday, March 9, 2013

sneaky, sneaky...

I love this guy.

My sister is due with her first baby on March 13th, which just happens to coincide with Jeffrey's birthday...
Since it is also Spring Break during this time, I'm planning on spending the week up in Utah with her to await the arrival of my newest nephew...but without my dearest Jeffrey.
So, unbeknownst to him, I planned a special birthday night for him since I'd miss his actual birthday.
And so, tonight, after arriving at his parent's house to "drop of a meat smoker" (when in reality it was to drop off the kiddos) and after handing off the kids to Grandma and Grandpa (oh they just offered to watch them while so we can run our errands uninterrupted!) we got in the car and drove off.
And then...
...I leaned over, opened the glove compartment, and pulled out the Jester'Z tickets, the Groupon for Gelato and said, "So where are we going for dinner??"

His face was priceless.

It actually took him a second to realize what was going on...
 ...and then I said, "Oh yeah, Happy Birthday!!"

Watching his face, he was so funny...he started putting together the pieces...
...like why I asked him to shave...
...and why I suggested he wear a different, nicer, outfit...
...and why I wanted to leave at a certain time...
Done such in way that he never suspected in the least, of course...

I'm the master at being sneaky!

He was so, SO happy and so excited...and we had so much fun.
Happy Birthday to my true love!!

No comments: